Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting to Talk…Again

After being so sick last time, the Bishopric asked me to speak again. They let me use the same talk that I had prepared last time and I was so grateful to be able to talk about testimonies. I was asked to talk about a talk giving by President Eyring at the General Young Women’s Broadcast in April. It was entitled “A Living Testimony”. Reading and studying that talk really allowed my testimony to grow and created the desire to learn more and to be better. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and I hope we don’t take it for granted and become casual in our worship. Being able to give that talk really has made a huge impact in my life. I was even able to incorporate sign language as I talked about the meanings of the different signs for testimony. The sign in LDS ASL is different than the ASL version. The regular sign means a proclamation of faith and the other sign means a true and good statement said with authority. I talked about how we can grow in our testimonies to be worthy of that LDS ASL sign as the prophets and apostles are. As I listen to their testimonies they are said with such authority that I can’t help but believe them. I hope one day that I am worthy for that sign and that my testimony can be said with that much authority.

No comments: