Monday, December 3, 2012

Play

NAU decided to put on the play "Mother Hicks" this fall.  It is a play about accepting people for who they are and to not be judgmental.  I found out about this play because it had a Deaf character and they would use sign language in the play through a story teller.  I won't go into the politics that came with this play because that isn't something I got involved with but not everyone was excited about this play.

What I will say about my experience is how much courage that storyteller had to have to even attempt to sign.  I will also say that when Mikkel saw it, he was excited to see new signs and walked away with a very positive attitude.  I think the play offended some and inspired others.  It just depends on which person you were and what your perspective was.  I am so glad that Mikkel took the stance that he did.  It was a joy to go with him!

No comments: