Sunday, December 16, 2012

Halloween

This year for Halloween was a little bitter, sweet.  It was our first Halloween where we would have been able to hand out candy to the kiddos on our street.  However, our finances were a bit tight and I wasn't willing to spend money on candy.  I was feeling particularly cheap and couldn't bring myself to spend that much on candy.  I also discovered that our part of the street is DEAD.  So even if we had bought candy then it wouldn't have mattered because we wouldn't have had any visitors.  It was a good lesson to learn.

So instead we spent the night getting ready for our home visit that would be at the end of the week.  It was a wonderful night of working together and getting our house remarkably clean.  It was so nice to be home after that!  Next year we will have to participate in our ward's trunk or treat so that we can celebrate Halloween like adults but for this year it was nice to spend it cleaning... I guess also like adults.

All of this adultness was particularly ironic because I was dressed up as a kid for Halloween.  I sent a picture to Melis to show the kiddos and after seeing the photo Kaelen said "I love her!"  I responded back that I loved him as well and he responded with a sneeze.  I guess the poor kiddo was fighting a cold!

No comments: