Thursday, December 30, 2010

Humility

The Lord has apparently decided that I needed a lesson in humility. I have never been very good about asking for help. I hate feeling like I am incapable of success by myself. However, I have been blessed to have some amazing people around me that not only help me, even when I don't ask for it, but they do it in a manner that doesn't make me feel like I have failed but rather that we have succeeded.

I was able to ask my family and friends to come and help me move and not only did they come but they were SUPER fast. I was able to ask for support when I lost the job that was going to be basically handed to me. I was able to ask for help when my car broke down in the middle of the road. I was blessed to have a stranger be able to push me to safety until my parents could arrive. I was blessed to be able to borrow a car for Marc to get to work in when his was in the shop. I was blessed to be able to call on members of the ward when I got a car stuck coming into the driveway in the snow.

All of those blessings were able to happen because the Lord has given me the opportunity to learn humility. But if I say I have learned my lesson, can we stop being put in these situations?

I shouldn't whine today with the car I realized how prepared the Lord had had us be. The boys had been asked to shovel the driveway this morning and they were out there for a long time and had made some good progress when both shovels broke and it required a trip out to go buy new ones. off the family went and they returned with two shovels. The driveway wasn't able to be finished due to the setting sun but a car should have been able to make it up the driveway and it did several times. But when I got the car stuck coming back in those shovels came in handy as did the cat litter for traction. But most of all loving members of the ward (who had already rescued several others today including the Stake President) who came and pushed us out. They even offered to come and tractor out the rest of the snow tomorrow. I must say each time I have to call an admit that I don't have the answer or the resources to save myself it is getting easier but I am hoping the Lord decides I have learned the lesson and I can start standing on my own two feet again.

No comments: