Sunday, June 6, 2010

School is Out of Session

Thankfully we are doing with school for another semester. I have enjoyed going to school again but going in person wore me out faster than online classes did. I think I missed not being able to finish two weeks early or going to school whenever I felt like it rather than the designated time. But it was definitely a learning semester and I really enjoyed being where the Lord intended me to be. The plan was for me to continue schooling over the summer but after thinking some more about it I have decided to take the summer off and it has been a wonderful opportunity to spend time with my husband and actually get to see him every once in a blue moon. This is a change that I definitely enjoy. I used to scoff at people who say they saw their spouse more before they were married but with Marc and I that has proven true. During the semester I would be at school during the day and Marc would be at work at night. Now it seems that our work schedules are just off of each other. Last night Marc was getting off work when I started working. But we are grateful for our jobs and the opportunity we have to support ourselves financially.

We have several things to look forward to this summer. We had our trip back east recently, but I will save that for another post. We are looking forward to family reunions, weddings, and our camping trip to the most exotic place in the world.... our living room. It has been a joke for the last while that we are going to camp in our living room and since I love being a kid I am so excited for it. All the snack food and planning has been done and now it is just a matter of finding the perfect date. We also look forward to visiting family and swimming and finding ways to enjoy our new surroundings and get to know a little bit more about the area we live in. Overall we are very blessed and very happy and I couldn't ask for any more.

1 comment:

Just US said...

I would not want your brain to go to mush over the summer so I will allow you to work on my Arabic class for me over the summer. No reason to let learning stop :)