Monday, June 21, 2010

Being Remembered

This last weekend, I had the opportunity to go down with my family and visit some dear friends of the family in Southern Arizona. I was so excited to get to see these two families and their children again. We arrived and I quickly learned that I didn't stand a chance in heck of spending too much time with the kids because they absolutely adored my younger brother and all of them spent so much time laughing and playing together and I loved watching it. At one point of the visit though, I snuck into the kids room to take a picture of them sitting on the bed together (imagine 1 teenager and 5 other little ones all on one bed). I took a picture of it and went to leave the room when one of the little girls came running after me. I figured she was going to get a drink or talk to her parents. So it took me by surprise when she tapped me from behind. I turned around and she asked me if I remembered going swimming with her last time and I said that I did. She asked me if I remembered giving her rides on my back as I swam around and I said that I did but I was surprised that she did. She asked me that when they went swimming with us this year if that could happen again. I told her that I would love to but I wasn't entirely sure if I would be there when they came. I told her if I wasn't there to do it that Mikkel would take my place and give the dolphin rides around the pool. She immediately lit up and ran back to go hear the end of the story in the other room. I can't tell you how much it meant to me that this little girl had remembered that from at least two years ago. It made me not want to come back to go to work so that I could be the one to swim her around. Sadly obligations called but I know that Mikkel will have done a fantastic job with them and I have nothing to worry about.

No comments: