Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Religion

I am taking a religion class this semester and it has given me a chance to look at different religions. I must say this class has taught me lots of trivia but it has also allowed my testimony to grow that much more. It reminds me on a daily basis that I know that the gospel is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God. I know that there is one God. I know that his son and my Savior and Redeemer died for me on the cross and was resurrected three days later. I know that I can repent for my sins. I know that I will one day be able to return to my Father's presence. I know that God is my Heavenly Father and that like a Father he cares about me and loves me. I know that he knows me personally. He knows my struggles and heartaches and joys and fears and triumphs and hopes and wishes. I know that the scriptures are true. I know that we are lead by a prophet today that is the mouthpiece for the Lord. I know that we have stake presidents and bishops and other leaders that are called of God. I know that I am a child of God. I know that I can be married and sealed in the temple for time and all eternity. I know that I am so grateful for my religion class and the constant reminder to me that I know what I know without a doubt.

No comments: