Saturday, August 16, 2008

I don't think I am in Kansas anymore... maybe not even the US

So, today I officially became a resident of the east coast. I moved out here today and had two very nice flights. When I arrived, I immediately attended a barbeque at Melissa's and Chris' house. It was a lot of fun and it was a great way to meet the people of Farmington that I will be spending the next while of my life with. However, while I was there I was starting to feel like I was in a foreign country. There are trees EVERYWHERE here. I took for granted how nice it is to look out at the horizon... and see the horizon. Here I see the trunks of hundrends of trees. It isn't quite the same. But the main point of my confusion was the hot dog buns. Now over in the west coast our hot dog buns are cut on the side. So I have spent the last 19 years or so with hot dog buns this way. When I arrive today.... I find, (after a LONG time), that their hot dog buns are cut on top. I was about to go slice the hot dog bun open when I found it. It made me really confused. But that is okay! I guess if I can get passed the strange buns then nothing will phase me! Well I start work on Tuesday and I am really excited about it! I will continue to post all the random east coast findings thats I find while I am out here! lol

1 comment:

Laura said...

hey, I am glad you added my blog to your link list. The buns threw me off too, what's the deal? But I have to say, I think I like them better. You'll get used to the trees at least they are starting to look more normal for me. Glad you are here!