Friday, October 28, 2011

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was a big day this year for our little family as Marc and I both had Monday off! We haven’t both had the same day off since we moved up here. We decided that we would go and see my parents and spend the day hiking with them. We drove down Sunday night when Marc got off of work and we were so unprepared for what life was going to bring us. Max and Kovu do GREAT sleeping at our house and we don’t have a problem with them at all. However, at my parent’s house there are new noises and smells and movements and we were in for a long night. We tried to get them to sleep in the laundry room but they were almost up to a full howl before Marc tried sleeping with them. That didn’t work and neither did sleeping outside with them. They were finally locked up in the car and the rest of us got a good night sleep. We got up the next morning and started our hike. The dogs did really well on the hike and Max really liked my Dad. We finished our hike and left the dogs outside while we went into town to walk the Square. I love walking downtown with my family and this trip was no exception. While we were out it started to storm and I knew I would come home to two drenched little dogs. Sure enough they were muddy and wet and reeked! My parents let them come in and wash them in the tub so they wouldn’t be so dirty for the ride home. We washed them and I was surprised at how much Max hated his bath! He held perfectly still and we hardly got wet but he HATED every moment of it. While we were going to bathe Kovu, Mikkel and Dad dried off Max and brushed him. They were equally amazed at how much hair that dog has! With Kovu we weren’t so lucky with not getting wet. I am pretty sure that Marc and I were just as wet as he was. It was nice afterwards because I was drying off Kovu and he lay calmly in my lap (which has never happened before or since!) It was so nice to see my parents and get to spend a day with them. I can’t wait till we all get to do it again!

No comments: