Friday, October 21, 2011

Library Episode #1

There are so many funny things that happen at work every day that I can’t help but put them here on our blog as well. So every once in a while I will interrupt our normal posts to put in some of the funny moments from the library.

Most of the funny moments happen thanks to children. They truly are the light of the library. Anyway, I had this new family come in for new library cards and I got to be the one who issued them. This little boy was waiting while I did his sister’s card and it involved the standard questions of birthday and so forth. When I asked her birthday, he very proudly announced that he was almost 11! I asked when his birthday was and he beamed as he said February. I was just making conversation as I clarified that this February he would be 11 as per our earlier conversation. He looked at me as if I had three heads and said, “No, I will be 8! But I am ALMOST 11!!!” Good to know I had no clue had birthdays worked!

No comments: