Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Weeks Home

My weeks home were perfect. It was everything that I had hoped for. I was able to lighten the burdens of my Mother which sometimes is really hard to do. She has been stressed with life, school, work, and being a wife and mother. So what do you do for a woman who already does everything? You cook dinner for her. Before I came out I came up with a menu and I stuck to it. I loved being able to cook and that was odd. I even got to teach my Mom how to make something. It was a blast for me to be able to see that one day I will be able to be a wife and mother and that I am capable of it on some level and it was a blast to be able to be that saving grace for my Mother.

I was also able to work with my Dad while I was there. I love working with my Dad. I love going down to the school and working on some project. I probably spent as much time at Territorial as I did my own home growing up and I love that. It was fun to work with him again and see that changes that he has helped make. It was fun to talk to him about life and how things have changed. It was fun to take pictures and make the bulletin board for the District Office. But most of all, it was fun to spend that time with my Dad. Those are the moments that I have always treasured in my life and I will treasure the new memories created on this trip home.

I was able to still feel like I belonged at home. Sometimes I worry about still fitting when I come back from being gone so long and yet it seems like I never left. Sure life has gone on but once we are back together we all fit and are able to move on together as one unit.

I was able to tease Mikkel. Now, this could quite possibly be my favorite pastime but it is totally worth it. I love just being around to tease him about the things in everyday life and having him just give it right back to me. I don’t know what I would do without that little boy, well not so little now. I am still just praying that I am still taller than him at my wedding and am slowly realizing that that will probably not be the case.

I was able to be back in sync with Marc again. Sometimes being in different time zones and living completely different lives, makes being in a relationship hard. We have been fine and there is nothing to worry about but it was nice to be back in sync with him and to be able to spend so much time with him.

I was able to see my older brother and to spend time with him. I was able to see him on multiple occasions and I loved it. I was able to go on a date with him, my best friend, and all of our significant others. I was able to try a new experience and much to the delight of all I liked sushi!

I was able to see my best friend and realize that though time has gone by that we can still be just as close as we once were.

I was able to see one of my favorite people in the whole wide world and that is my Aunt. She has been such a saving grace in my life and the life of my family and it was wonderful to be able to be back with her again and do silly things like going and seeing Fame.

I was able to realize just how lucky I am to have the family I do and to live the life I live.

I was able to go see the temple and spend time walking the grounds with Marc and be reminded of the promises that we will be making in February. I was able to see the look on his face as we walked around and just feel so close to him. That was how we spent the last little while together and I wouldn’t have changed that for the world. I think keeping the temple in focus for us will make the world of difference.

I was able to get refreshed and rejuvenated for what the next few months hold in store for me. I can’t promise that they will be easy but I can promise that they will always be worth it.

No comments: