Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Airports

I have decided that I must have the worst luck in airports, at least while traveling alone. Well, maybe the alone part doesn’t matter. Anyway, the last few times I have traveled have been filled with bad weather or delayed flights or you name it. So this morning I am a little wary when I land in Atlanta. Sure we got here 37 minutes early. Sure I had at least 3 hours between flights. But I am just waiting for the hiccup somewhere. What will it be? Cancelled flight? Freak snow storm in Boston? I don’t know. But I show up and see that my gate has been changed from D2 to D3. Okay I can handle that. So I walk down to D3 and by the time I arrive my flight is no longer posted on the cool little flight schedule boards. Hmmm… not a good sign. So I figure out where most of my airlines flights are located and walk back to C. (That would have been where I started). So I wander back and ask an agent and she looks at me like I am stupid and tells me it is going to leave from flight D3. So I walk back and the flight that leaves at 9:30 is on the boards but not my flight. So I sit here trying to figure out if I am actually going to be on this flight that supposedly exists from gate D3. Wish me luck!!

P.S. As a side note, I made it home just fine and in fact everything was early today. I think the Lord knew that I needed that today.

No comments: