Friday, August 7, 2009

Being a world traveler

Some feel like being a world traveler means traveling the world. I hate to inform those people that they are sadly mistaken. Many of the great sites of the world can be seen on the Portsmouth Harbor in Hew Hampshire. I had the opportunity to go there yesterday with my Mom, Melissa, and her 5 rugrats. We took a harbor cruise and it was a blast. We have all been so spoiled while my wonderful Mother was here and this was no exception. We toured the water and got to learn the history and see different things. I was with Kaelen and so we particularly noticed all of the round buoys in the water. We saw A LOT of those. Anyway, we also saw some unusual sites that I think the average tourist would have missed. For example, I made sure to point out the camouflaged version of the Eiffel Tower. I mean right there on the harbor is the Eiffel Tower and everyone else would have simply missed it. We also saw the really skinny version of the Leaning Tower, the Twin Towers (which are currently in the witness protection program after 9/11), the Statue of Liberty, and some other fun ones. All of these of course could only be seen by the trained eye because they are in camouflage and in programs like the witness protection program. Luckily, my family thought to bring me along and I was able to point out these wonderful sites of the world. Like my mom said, "Some people go and see the world. Chrissy brings the world to her."

1 comment:

Just US said...

You may want to run and hide now because I am sure the FBI and Homeland Security are going to be after you for discovering the true identity of these places!