Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Becoming a better student

Today I was playing online. So while I was playing I decided that I need to become a more fulfilled member of Yoville. Today I received a badge, a diamond badge, for visiting 600 friends since I started playing months ago. I like diamonds, even fake Yoville diamonds, so I decided I wanted to earn more badges. This being the most useful to spend my time. I found out that I could earn a badge for racing on the game. I won 8 races and then the computer decided I was done so I went back to working on school. Now the whole time I was racing I kept making comments about how useful I was being and that I really should be doing school. But school didn’t sound like fun so I kept racing. I finally started reading my English textbook and the first words I read are “some students are more successful than others. Some students are more motivated and know how to spend their time wisely.” Melissa and I couldn’t help but laugh at how ironic this was. So instead of being productive and reading the rest of the chapter. I quickly needed another break so that I could blog about my ineffective use of time. So now that I have wasted more time… again… I will go back to school. It is good to know that the 2007 valedictorian of CVHS is spending their time so wisely so that they may have a productive school career. For the record, I have an amazing GPA (well now, that hasn't always been the case since I entered college).

No comments: