Sunday, March 8, 2009

Talking with Becca

Working in nursery has been a challenge on days. Melissa has being coming in and helping with the first hour and Becca has been coming in and helping for the second. I appreciate that more than they will ever know! Seriously, some days it is the biggest service they could possibly do for me. Anyway, today was really nice. The kids were amazing and it went really smoothly. The second hour was spent with me getting a chance to catch back up with Becca. It was so nice to just sit and chat with her and get to see the world from her point of view. I felt like talking to her reminded me of the lessons that I have learned in life. I have had to learn to rely on the Lord and to trust him in all things. I can honestly say that I hate walking into any situation blind and sometimes I feel like I walk that way a lot in life. However, it makes it nice to know that he knows what waits for me on the other side of whatever challenges I face. I am so grateful for the testimony I have and the growth that I have been able to make. I wouldn’t change the challenges that I have had. I know that I didn’t enjoy them at the time but I am grateful for the person that I became after the fact. I know that I am a different person and that I will continue to change. I hope that one day I will be the type of person that I am supposed to be. I want to be someone’s Sister Bunker or Sister Calhoun. I want to be the next Sally Kildoo of the world or Sister Skousen. I know that everyone back east is wondering who these people are but they are some of the people who have made me who I am today. There are so many people who have impacted my life but these women come to mind. Oh and you can’t forget Smokey or Brother Blackmore. I would most definitely not be who I am without them. But after talking with Becca today it struck me that maybe one day I will have the capacity to touch people and not even know I am doing it. I doubt that these people know how much they touched me.

2 comments:

Bex =] said...

I bet you've already touched people without realizing it.
You don't have to be famous or do amazing things.
You're just a good person, in general, whether you realize it or not.
Because, frankly, you try. And that means more than you could ever begin to realize.

I for sure know that you've taught me some super important stuff, even though I don't know you all that well.
=]

ABOUT ME... said...

Hah - I feel the same way after I talk to Becca. There's something about that girl...:) And yes - the walking in blind thing. I can completely relate. But isn't it the coolest feeling on those rare times when you really do walk in blind and it all turns out wonderfully?!