Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm engaged!!!

So Thursday was my 6th month anniversary. Marc came and picked me up from work and we went to Olive Garden. We ate dinner! Then we left and all of the activities that we were going to do had kinda fallen through. Like we were going to go skiing but then it was going to rain and we were going to go ice skating but couldn’t because it was too late. Anyway, so we debated forever about what we were going to do and I decided that we were at the theatre so we should see what was playing and then if nothing was playing then we would go bowling. I convinced Marc to see Confessions of a Shopaholic with me and it was a total chick-flick. Anyway, so we were sitting there and he was holding my right hand which has my CTR ring on my ring finger. He made some comment about it hurting his hand and so he took it off and it got put on my ring finger of my left hand. He started talking about how much he liked that look and what I would say if he proposed. He decided that after the movie we were going ring shopping. I told him that we weren’t going ring shopping and that everything would be closed. He didn’t believe me. As we drove towards home he took this retarded route. I asked him what he was doing and he responded that we were just driving around. I was like okay, whatever. So we ended up at the high school and we just sat and talked. Then Marc wanted to dance with me and so I was like okay. So we went and danced in the parking lot. Then he told me that he needed to check the field for Eric to see if it was ready to train on yet. That morning I had been talking to Eric and I knew he wanted to start training and so I agreed without hesitation. We started walking down and we were just talking and whatever. We get to the middle and he turns and looks at me and I still don’t catch on that something is happening. And then he turns and looks at me and I was like, “Oh my gosh!” He knelt down and I of course stated the obvious and was like, “You are kneeling down, you are kneeling down!” He then asked me to marry him and I said, “You are still kneeling, stand up!” He did and I told him I would marry him and I hugged and kissed him. We are planning on getting married September 19th in the Mesa Temple. I am so excited!! I know that I have prayed and fasted about it and I know we are young but this is right and I can't argue that.

3 comments:

Jeff, Kimberly, & Liam said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting Chrissy! You need to post pictures of the two of you. You will have so much fun planning.

ABOUT ME... said...

Thanks for posting the story! It's always the funnest part of an engagement... for other people that is. To hear how it all happened and I haven't gotten to sit and talk to you yet so...Thanks! Congrats again.

Cat[Catastrophe] said...

That is so exciting! Sorry I'm so late on commenting, I didn't have your blog before. But I'm so pumped for you guys. Make sure you two keep me posted on it all; I hear some details are still up in the air.

Love ya'll! =]