Friday, October 18, 2013

Working Out

Okay, so the average person doesn't understand what it means that I can workout again.  It has been three years of absolutely no exercise because of how badly my body reacts to it.  I don't mean getting flush and being sore but losing my ability to walk or other such fun side effects.  I quickly realized that one day of working out didn't equal three days of being in bed.  However, the medicine that I have been taking causes weight gain and I wasn't able to combat it properly.  It has really been a struggle for me.

However, some of my friends from high school were going to do a 90 day challenge starting in September and I didn't want to be left behind.  I didn't tell any of them that I was doing the challenge too but I couldn't stand being left out.  So I told Marc that I really wanted to do a modified challenge and then in 90 days I could start the real thing.  The first several days I took things really slow and I modified several exercises but I kept going.  I definitely needed DoTerra oils to get through the day (Lavender is my best friend!!!) but I could keep going.  Without too much time passing I was able to do the exercises for real and I started seeing results.  Today I completed day 47 of working out in a row.

Though I was seeing my size change I wasn't seeing the same thing happen on the scale.  So I started focusing on my nutrition and what was going into my body as well as my working out.  I have now easily lost over 5 pounds (after eating all day I weigh in at 5 pounds lost) and have been able to fit into jeans that I had given up on.  I still have a long way to go but I focus on today and what I can do in the moment.  Every night I check things off the list that I have completed and I have done a pretty good job of sticking to the rules that I have set.  It is really exciting to feel sore in the morning but from muscles growing rather than cramping all night long.  I am excited for this next chapter in my life and seeing what a difference it can make.  I can't wait to be in the best shape of my life!!!

As a side note, Marc started doing this challenge with me and was amazed at how hard it was!!  He has been the best supporter ever!!  However, now that he is working two jobs he doesn't do the workouts with me any more.  He does continue to ask about what I am doing and encouraging me to finish every day.  I sure love him!!