Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I must say how incredibly grateful I am to all of the amazing women out there in the world. I truly believe that in a lot of ways it takes a village to raise a child and I am so thankful to all of the women villagers that have helped shape and mold me into the woman that I am today.

I am incredibly grateful for my very own mother. I hope to one day be a tenth of the woman she is and I will be just fine in life. I am so grateful that she taught me to love the arts the way that I do and that I have a permanent travel buddy/Broadway musical partner. I have loved all of our adventures and then just the quiet moments at home. I am so grateful that she loves me so much and is always willing to be around at a moment's notice. I love that she is one of my best friends and that I can call and talk her ear off whenever I need. Thanks Mom and I hope you have a wonderful day!

I am also incredibly grateful for the wonderful Aunt Gerry. What a woman to admire! The last few months that we spent living with her were so healing and allowed our marriage to grow and develop in ways that were exactly what we needed. I am so grateful for the love and support that was shown to us, not only in those few months but over the years. I am grateful that she spent the hours trying to help me learn the piano, watching my performances, coming to basketball games, etc. I hope that I can love and support my own children in a way similar to the way that she has supported me and my siblings. I hope that one day I can have my nieces and nephews look up to me in the same way that my cousins and I look up to her. Thank you for being such a wonderful woman in my life and loving my new family so much! It really does mean to the world to us.

I am also grateful for my Mother-in-law. I am so grateful for the job she did in raising her son. I am so grateful that I have been included in this wonderful family that loves and supports each other. I am grateful that Camille is such a part of our lives. I am in awe at all of things that she has done in her lifetime. One day I hope to be as organized as her as far as spending my time. She is so service oriented and what an admirable trait that is. Thank you Camille for all of the love and support and I look forward to that continuing on to the next generation.

So in honor of Mother's Day, I have made each of you an edible bouquet of flowers.



I must say that they looked better yesterday, before they sat out on the counter. Camille yours wouldn't have traveled very well or been very good to eat by the time it got to you, so the next time we come to visit I will definitely at least have to bring you the "greens" of the bouquet.



The "greens" of the bouquet was originally parsley but after about 10 minutes it looked like a dying weed. So instead I added my own "greens" to the bouquet and I don't think anyone will mind one bit.

No comments: