Sunday, January 24, 2010

I have got to stop waiting...

I have meant to post on the blog for quite a while now. Since the road trip so much has happened. My sister keeps harassing me about not blogging. I keep thinking that I can't blog until I get the pictures off my camera or some other excuse. As I sat here today I realized that there is so much going on in my life that should probably be documented and if I wait until I get around to getting the pictures off the camera... I will be married before I even write that I moved. So to catch up:

I have moved down to the Tempe area now and am liking the new apartment. I keep waiting for my kitchen cupboards to be more useful but that hasn't happened yet. But it's my new home at the moment. It is nice to have something to call home. When I left New Hampshire and living with Melis and the kids... I really left what had become my home. So not that the apartment replaces them but it's comforting to have. I must say I had to get used to the quiet though. I keep having some sort of sound on every time that I am home. After 5 kids, having it quiet is really lonely sometimes.

I have also started looking for jobs down here. I have an interview on Tuesday so keep your fingers crossed!!!

I have started driving my sister's yellow car. That thing has a mind of its own sometimes. But it's a little piece of Melis in my daily life and I really like that.

I have decided to not stress about the wedding planning. It will happen or it won't but I am done stressing about it. The wedding is less than 3 weeks out now. I am sure there are still a million things to get done but I am not going to stress getting there. I will get there but at my own pace.

I have finally gotten to a point that I am starting to recognize roads and it doesn't scare me to just get in the car and drive. For awhile I was getting lost at least once every trip but I am quickly becoming better at finding my way around.

I have started going to school. I was a little nervous to start at a real school again. I didn't have a lot of success last time. The first little bit was nerve-racking as I came to realize that the campus was a lot bigger than Melissa's living room! There were also no little boys running around and asking me to watch Tom and Jerry. I made it through a whole week of school without having to watch a Tom and Jerry episode. Of course now that thought is making me miss the kiddos and so I will make sure to go watch an episode. But I think it will be a good semester. I learned a lot of good study habits while attending online schooling and I think I will be able to implement them into my life now.

I am taking two amazing Institute classes and love having them mixed into my day with my other classes. I feel like it helps me to do better to have that spiritual boost in my day.

I am finally taking the steps to have a Temple Recommend. I had my first interview today and will have the next one on Wednesday. It is such a blessing in my life to know that in less than 3 weeks, I will have entered into the House of the Lord. I am so excited for this opportunity to have my own recommend and to be able to use it often.

I can't think of too much to add to my updates. I am going to try to blog a little bit more regularly but I make no promises with school. But heck, there has to be some down time somewhere, right??

No comments: