Sunday, June 16, 2013

An Update

I will have to work at catching up the Jerusalem trip and my goal is to have that done by the end of the summer but I needed to take a moment to catch up again because so much is happening all the time and I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle.

So Marc is moving along with the Air Force and he is so determined and excited about this change in our life.  He even spent a whole Saturday going through boxes and dejunking with me!  My dear "fat" husband has 16-17% body fat and has to lose 5 pounds before they will process him.  He has spent the past week on a pretty strict veggie diet and it is killing him.  Yesterday for dessert he had carrots.  He is really hoping to be in basic by September and is ready for this next phase in our lives.  I know that there will be tough times ahead but I really feel this is where we are supposed to be and I can't argue with that.  It is interesting to me the various reactions to saying you are going military and my favorite one is "Did you know he could die?"  Of course I know that!  Silly people!

The animals are all doing good and only Kiara remembers what it is like to move.  Every time I move boxes or change things around the poor thing has a panic attack!  We are working on making this future move as smooth as possible.  I know we will have more panic attacks in the future but I will just have to remember to be patient.  The dogs have really improved lately and with Marc's new workout schedule we finally wore out Kovu!  I never thought that day would happen but it did.

I am doing good.  It looks like I will get to keep my job for another year and I passed the first national exam for American Sign Language interpreting yesterday.  I couldn't be more thrilled!  I have really tried to slow down since school has been out and that hasn't been completely possible because of the national exam and all of that studying.  However, it looks like my summer school class is going to be cancelled and I am really looking forward to coming home and being able to do my dishes without being up until 11 or having time to work on the yard, or heck even just getting to eat dinner with Marc at a normal hour!!  I am excited for what our future holds and I am hoping I can get it all done before it gets here!  Even better is that my health is steadily improving.  I feel good most days and have even been able to start exercising again.  I am still not back to where I want to be but every little bit makes a difference and I love that I can do it on a daily basis again.  Slow but sure we are going to get back in shape!

Melissa will be up this summer and I can't wait to spend a summer with them.  They land in less than a week and I am praying for this week to fly by!  I feel that over the past semester we have really tried to make family a priority in our lives.  We have made more trips to Utah (though still not as many as we should) and have even gone to visit my family more often.  We went to Mikkel's black belt test and we have watched my Dad coach a couple of basketball games.  It is so fun watching him coach and I look forward to Tuesday nights when I get to watch him for their summer league games.  Yesterday we were even lucky enough to go to a large Turley reunion and got to meet some of my Dad's cousins and their families.  It is amazing to thing that that group all started with two people.  I can't wait to see where our little family will go someday.

No comments: