Saturday, April 2, 2011

Girl's Night Out

When Marc and I moved to Prescott one of our goals was to find some awesome friends that we could both get along with, luckily we found those friends in our FHE crew. I keep calling us the Young Single Adults but we are all married so that doesn't work so I either call them the FHE crew or the YMCA (Young Married Christian or Crazy or Confused or who knows Adults). Anyway, over the last several months we have gotten to know and love several of the couples in our ward and have really enjoyed our time with them. Yesterday we decided to have a Girl's Night Out because I hadn't seen the movie Tangled and I think the girls needed an excuse to leave the boys at home! It ended up being 3 out of the 4 girls, we missed having Jessica there! And then we had two of the four husbands playing computer games in the next room over. I think the boys had fun being locked in the computer room and playing games and I know the girls had fun watching the movie (I loved it!!!!) and then just chatting after the movie. I had forgotten how nice it can be to just be silly girls and talk about everything from schooling to contacts to husbands to histories to frustrations to goals and everything in between. I am really going to miss seeing the FHE group every week but I am so grateful to have had the chance to get to know each of them and to have them be a part of our lives.

With each of the couples it took me a long time to feel like I had a spot in the group. In some ways I felt like I was undeserving of their friendships. In our group we have the perfect one, the one with the devoted career and and clear direction and then we have the brainiac and that is just the girls of the group! Trust me the boys are equally as amazing! But as I got to know each one better I found things in each of them that I came to love and adore. I have found comfort in talking to each of them and know that between the three of them there isn't a problem in the world they couldn't solve. I have come to truly value their opinions and their friendship. I have come to know them as real individuals and not just as the labels posted above. I have been blessed by their friendship and I couldn't thank them enough, but thank you girls for the night out and everything else you have done for Marc and me! We will have to keep in touch!!!

No comments: