Monday, June 8, 2009

Moments with my buddy

Kaelen is the funniest kid ever. I have the priviledge of being his nursery leader and it has its challenging moments but it also has some very funny ones. One week Kaelen was trying to climb up on the table. I would tell him to get down and he would start fake crying and put himself into timeout. He would then stop crying look at me and say ok and then start playing again. He must have learned from the older kids having to put their nose on the wall when they are in trouble. He must have put himself into timeout at least 5 times that day. What a rugrat!

Kaelen has always been fascinated with the fridge. Well our fridge has a light that comes on when you get water from it. I was using a glass cup one night and it was kind of late and so it was getting darker. I went to fill up my glass cup with water and it created a reflection on the floor. I told Kaelen that Tinkerbell had come to visit. He started stepping on Tinkerbell and as he stepped on her then I took my cup out causing the light to go away. He kept looking on the bottom of his foot to find the light again. I just sat there and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Some of my mornings are spent watching Kaelen when Melissa is out and about volunteering or running errands or doing doctor's appointments. There are some mornings where he is awake but isn't really ready to be up and moving around yet. On those mornings he will take his blanket downstairs, grab the remote, and come cuddle with me. I love those mornings.

No comments: